About Fimatix & Our Values
Fimatix is a leading Agile and Software Delivery consultancy working on government technology programmes and products. Our client-base and team is growing, and we are looking for experienced content designers to join us, to:
- build our user-centred design profession
- meet the needs of our clients and their users
This is an exciting time to join Fimatix. You’ll have a chance to shape our future and support our mission to meet our clients’ outcomes and deliver exceptional products and services.
Our flexible working policy ensures a healthy work-life balance. We nurture talent and offer a training package to help you flourish in your role.
We’re based in London Bridge, and the working pattern is likely to be a mix of client and our office-based and remote working.
We are looking for an Interaction Designer who is passionate about designing digital products that are simple enough for everyone to use.
The successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary team, alongside researchers, content designers, data scientists and developers, to deliver word-class, user centred, inclusive products and services for the public and private sectors.
As an Interaction Designer, you will determine the best way for users to interact with services, the overall flow and individual design elements.
You will have an understanding of the way the internet works, experience of designing in an agile environment and want to help transform the way services are delivered, so that they are simpler, faster and easier to use.
The success candidate’s main day to day responsibilities will be:
- identifying, developing and using best practice and standards to design services consistent with the Fimatix’s User Centred Design Service standards
- advocating for users and understanding user needs to design simple, effective and accessible services;
- creating prototypes and concepts to communicate and test ideas with users and improving with evidence;
- mapping user journeys, processes and visualising design problems;
- collaborating within a multidisciplinary team by sharing design work, participating in research.
The successful candidate will have a proven passion for interaction design, with the following skills or proven experience in:
- talking about design and ideas in a way that other people understand;
- understanding how the internet works and the technology constraints that may need to be considered in design;
- using your extensive knowledge of visual and interaction design to create usable, accessible and responsive user interfaces;
- running workshops, participating in discussions and assisting in the facilitation of the design of the service through collaboration with other professions;
- understanding user needs, participating in research activities and interpreting user research to inform design;
- sketching, concept creation and designing prototypes at different levels of fidelity.
Ideally the successful candidate will also have the following skills or some experience in:
- working in an agile environment;
- designing for users with access needs.
- relevant industry experience.
- Learning and development tailored to your role.
- An environment with flexible working options.
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity.
- A pension and flexible benefits.
- Charity days.
- 30 days leave.
- Competitive salary.
Application & Selection Process
To apply you should submit your CV and a personal statement via email to email@example.com. The personal statement should:
- explain why you are applying for this role
- show how your experience aligns to the criteria in this job description
- be a maximum of 500 words
We can only consider applicants who meet the criteria.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview and may be asked to complete a practical exercise.
If a person with disabilities is at a substantial disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person, we have a duty to make reasonable changes to our processes.
If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, or if you are experiencing accessibility problems with this advert, please contact us.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview.
This job is open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- Nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- Nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- Nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- Relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- Relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- Certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish national