Location: London (hybrid working)
Some travel may be required for this role.
We are looking for a strong, ambitious Bid Manager to join our growing team. In this role you will assemble a bid team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare and deliver winning bids; you will own the end-to-end bid process. On a daily basis you will manage opportunities from qualification or appearance on Government tender boards through to contract award, taking responsibility for; value proposition / strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, partner identification and risk management. We have well established bid procedures, governance and processes but we will be looking for you to continuously improve our approach and success rates. You’ll also be leading in marketing our brand and services to our clients. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure to manage multiple bids in parallel, collaborative working and managing to short notice deadlines. You will have strong people management, commercial skills, an eye for detail and creative flair.
What will you do?
- To manage the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
- Contributing to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
- Manage the bid team and timetable
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Maintaining the bid databases and AI tools
- Continuous process improvement recommendations to management
What will you have done before?
- Proven capability in delivering winning, government contracts (typically DOS, GCloud, MCF) and/or technology based solutions to private sector clients.
- Experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, win strategies, commercial discussions and solution design.
- Comfortable working at CEO / Director Level (internal and external customers).
- Fully conversant with the competitive marketplace. Sound commercial understanding, understanding of Crown Commercial Services requirements and the particulars of bidding for government work
- Used to working with complex, multi-workstream opportunities.
What skills will you have?
- Bid Management experience, Excellent English verbal and written skills, Experience working with management, High organisational skills, strong interpersonal skills, bidding in government experience
- Good to Have: we are an agile, adaptive organisation so some experience in agile working or Prince 2 or any other PMP qualification,
- Qualification / Certifications: Ideally some project management accreditation but not essential, Strong English written & Spoken
- Knowledge/experience of digital technologies
Where will you be in your career?
- An established bid manager. Typically, degree educated. APMP Practitioner or Professional level would be an asset
- Experience in winning government bids between £1.5m to £9m TCV
- Fit with our cultural, agile values:
- Empowerment: We trust each other to deliver in our roles
- Curiosity: We ask questions to seek better understanding
- Focus: We prioritise the needs of our communities
- Respect: We speak with openness and transparency
- Courage: We are confident in our ability to take on new challenges
- Commitment: We do what we say we will do.
Who are we?
If you share our desire and purpose to use advanced technology, tools and ways of working to create better solutions and better ways of working that underpin lasting change, come and join us on our mission to build long term sustainable value for our clients and communities.
We believe that consultancy has to adapt to meet our clients’ needs: better use of technology, deep content delivered by experts committed to our clients, outcome driven business models that serve communities to build long term sustainable value.
We are driven to use advanced technology, tools and ways of working to create better solutions and better ways of working that underpin lasting change. We help our clients become Adaptive Organisations, resilient to constant change and adaptation.
Our people are courageous and focus on innovation, commitment and respect to empower change for a better working world.
What do we do?
We have extensive experience and expertise in transformation strategy, coaching and digital service design and agile delivery obtained within the UK Government’s world leading digital transformation programmes. We have led the digital transformation, using user led design principles, for many Government Departments.
We build banks and e-money fintech challengers from concept to launch and have been through the regulatory process with the FCA and PRA. We know what it takes to disrupt in this sector, and how to take advantage of regulations including PSD2 with all its possibilities or threats. We understand what organisations have to do to take advantage of emerging technologies like Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and Blockchain and have extensive expertise in agile software delivery, AI and Cloud.
Through our connection to deep domain specialists, market experts and agile working we can help you manage all aspects of your transformation journey from: concept, through design, into development and delivery, testing and end to end assurance and holding you hand as the journey moves to dev ops and service delivery.
Ready to apply?
Email your CV and a personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply via email