About Fimatix & Our Values
Fimatix is a leading Agile and Software Delivery consultancy working on government technology programmes and products. Our client-base and team is growing, and we are looking for experienced content designers to join us, to:
- build our user-centred design profession
- meet the needs of our clients and their users
This is an exciting time to join Fimatix. You’ll have a chance to shape our future and support our mission to meet our clients’ outcomes and deliver exceptional products and services.
Our flexible working policy ensures a healthy work-life balance. We nurture talent and offer a training package to help you flourish in your role.
We’re based in London Bridge, and the working pattern is likely to be a mix of client and our office-based and remote working.
We are looking for a service designer who will put the user at the heart of your design process and who is passionate about designing end-to-end user-centred services that are simple enough for everyone to use.
You’ll work in our growing, fast-paced Agile delivery team to design, prototype and continuously iterate world-class services for our clients – either across several smaller services or dedicated to one larger programme of work.
As part of this role, you will help identify and fix some of the toughest problems in both the public and private sectors, with a main focus on the design of services at scale. You will help Fimatix to transform the way it delivers services, so that they’re more efficient, simpler, faster and easier to use.
- Be part of the User-Centred Design team and Fimatix’s growing design practice.
- Have experience of advocating for user needs in all aspects of design work.
- Map end-to-end services and understand how they fit into wider societal, service, system and organisational contexts.
- Know how to design inclusive, accessible digital services that solve a whole problem for users.
- Capture, document and present holistic experiences in a clear, engaging way.
- Communicate effectively to share the as-is and the future vision of the service, working closely with service owners to help define the backlog.
- Use data and evidence to improve how the end-to-end service works.
- Help people and teams overcome complexity, using collaborative approaches to create clarity, alignment and direction.
- Analyse failure within services and identify root causes for failure.
- Actively promote the design perspective in discussions with teams and stakeholders.
- Create and rapidly iterate both digital and non-digital service prototypes.
You will have a demonstrable passion for user centred design and proven experience in:
- Communication skills. You can listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders, and interpret them in a way that is clear for both audiences. You know how to manage stakeholder expectations. You can be flexible and you are capable of proactive and reactive communication. You know how to facilitate difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
- Community collaboration. You know how to work collaboratively within a group, actively networking with others and varying feedback for the appropriate time to ensure the discussion sticks. You can use your initiative to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them. You can pull out issues through agile health-checks with the team to provoke the right responses.
- Evidence and context-based design. Work with data. You can absorb large amounts of conflicting information and use it to produce simple designs, to help with decision making. Use evidence to shape business processes, systems and workflow to better serve users.
- Prototyping. You approach prototyping as a team activity, actively soliciting prototypes and testing with others. You can establish design patterns and iterate them. You can use a variety of methods of prototyping and choose the most appropriate ones.
- User focus. You know how to collaborate with user researchers and can represent users internally. You understand the difference between user needs and the desires of the user. You can champion user research to focus on all users. You can prioritise and define approaches to understand the user story, guiding others in doing so. You can offer recommendations on the best tools and methods to be used.
- Agile working. You have experience of working in agile, including an awareness of agile tools and how to use them.
- Strategic thinking. You can define strategies and policies, providing guidance to others on working in the strategic context. You know how to evaluate current strategies to ensure business requirements are being met and exceeded where possible.
- Learning and development tailored to your role.
- An environment with flexible working options.
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity.
- A pension and flexible benefits.
- Charity days.
- 30 days leave.
- Competitive salary.
Application & Selection Process
To apply you should submit your CV and a personal statement via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The personal statement should:
- explain why you are applying for this role
- show how your experience aligns to the criteria in this job description
- be a maximum of 500 words
We can only consider applicants who meet the criteria.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview and may be asked to complete a practical exercise.
If a person with disabilities is at a substantial disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person, we have a duty to make reasonable changes to our processes.
If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, or if you are experiencing accessibility problems with this advert, please contact us.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview.
This job is open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- Nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- Nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- Nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- Relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- Relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- Certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish national
Ready to apply?
Email your CV and a personal statement to email@example.com.Apply via email